The PCCA No. 11/2007 was made to provide promotion and enhancement of good governance and eradication of corruption.
The PCCB aspires to, and is committed to, being at the forefront of fighting corruption in Tanzania. We will strive to be an exemplar of Excellency, efficiency, effectiveness and economy.
Working together with all stakeholders to fight corruption by making it high risk with low returns through Education, Prevention, detection and prosecution
The PCCA No 11/2007 provides the promotion and enhancement of good governance and eradication of corruption. The PCCB’s mandate is defined under section 7 of the Prevention and Combating of Corruption ACT, 2007 (PCCA 2007) and allows the bureau to:
- Examine and advise the practices and procedures of public, parastatal and private organizations, in order to facilitate the detection of the corruption or prevent corruption and secure the revision of the methods of the work or procedure which appear to add to the efficiency and transparency of the institution concerned;
- Advise public, private and parastatal bodies on ways and means of preventing corrupt practices, and on changes in methods of work or procedures of such public, private and parastatal bodies compatible with the effective performance of their duties, which the Bureau considers necessary to reduce the incidences of corrupt practices;
- Cooperate and collaborate with international institutions, agencies or organizations in the fight against corruption;
- Investigate and, subject to the directions of the Director of Public Prosecutions, prosecute offences under this Act and other offences involving corruption: and
- Investigate any alleged or suspected-
- Offence under this Act;
- Conspiracy to commit an offence under this Act;
- Conduct of a public
Thus, with the PCCA No. 11/2007, the PCCB now can investigate more corruption offences under this Act of whose scope have been increased from the four corruption offences that were provided for in the PCA to 24 corruption offences including sexual corruption. Moreover, the PCCB can also investigate and prosecute other offences involving corruption.